OODDA is looking for an innovative, full-time, on-site Magento Web Developer to join our team of certified developers. This candidate should be creative with great analytical problem-solving skills and communication. You should also be committed to completing tasks and have great coping skills for our busy and dynamic atmosphere, all while following Magento best practices. If this describes you, we are excited to hear from you!
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience with object-oriented software development in PHP
- Professional experience working with Magento
- Developing and maintaining custom web applications built using Magento
- Experience working with databases (MySQL)
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and XML
- Expertise with Zend Framework Essential Skills: • Coping: Able to maintain a mature problem-solving attitude while dealing with responsibilities, problems, or difficulties in a calm manner.
- Analytical Problem Solving: Able to use a systematic approach in solving problems through analysis of problem and evaluation of alternative solutions; use logic, mathematics, or other problem-solving tools in data analysis or in generating solutions.
- Creativity: Able to develop unique and novel solutions to problems; use intuition and a new way of thinking to give birth to new ideas; to present information in an attention-getting and interesting manner.
- Commitment to Task: Able to start and persist with specific courses of action while exhibiting high motivation and a sense of urgency; willing to commit to long hours of work and make a personal sacrifice in order to reach goals.
- Spoken Communication: Able to clearly present information through the spoken word; influence or persuade others through oral presentation in positive or negative circumstances; listen well.
- Bachelor degree is required, MS/MA in Computer Science, Engineering or other business related field is preferred
- Minimum 3 years of PHP coding experience
- Prefer 1-year experience in programming on the Magento Platform, developing and integrating customized extensions into Magento applications. Bonus Qualifications:
- Magento Developer Certification, we require you get these certificates after you join the team in 3 months.
- In-depth knowledge of PCI compliance and other e-commerce industry topics
- Knowledge of optimization, caching, and scaling techniques
- Multi-website, store view deployment
- Mobile site development
- Usually, 1-3 months of internship and training period to start with. The salary is based on experience and negotiable. H1B sponsorship will be provided for qualified candidates.